GaohujiejieCantabile

GaohujiejieCantabile

Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Trip back to Kuching

It's been awhile since I came back from my hometown, Kuching, Sarawak. Although is a bit late, but I still would like to share my trip experience here with all my frenz and family members.






(My sister and I in KLIA before departure to Miri. >.<)

I went back to Kuching during semester break in May and October. Actually the motive of both of the trips were to go to Miri to enrol my sister in her university which is Curtin University in Miri. My sister enrolled in May, in October, my family and I went thr to visit her, and of coz, muz also bring some Ipoh delicacy for her as she misses the food back in Ipoh, lucky her.. XP
(The main entrance of Miri's Airport)

In May, we went by MAS, that time my sister not enrolled to the university yet; in October, on Saturday we went to Miri 1st by Airasia. Not to mention, our flight had been delayed on that day. Thr's a lot of ppl at LCCT and long queue during check-in. After we had board the flight, we had lunch. We ordered nasi lemak and nasi briyani online as it's cheaper, but during the whole flight was really uncomfortable as we sat at the last row and the flight takes about 2 hours and 15 mins!!! Haiz, what to do... I think we juz had to be patient.
As we arrived at Miri Airport, it's already 6.30pm and the sky is getting darker. The time in East Malaysia is 30mins earlier than West Malaysia, so that's why the sky thr is darker before 7pm. Our luggage arrived late and my sister was already waiting for us at the hotel!! (T.T) But luckily we managed to catch a taxi and headed straight to the hotel to check in. Then my sister joined us to had buffet dinner in the hotel and spend the nite thr.
The next morning, my sister and I went to had buffet breakfast and she had to go back to university to do some group discussion. After we called a taxi for her, my parents took me to the Chinese restaurant inside the hotel to have lunch. Guess what, we had Peking Duck and claypot prawns!!!! It's only at half price, so why not!! (hehe...) Later that nite, we went out to walk around the town and had a light dinner outside. We slept quite early that nite as we had to wake up early the next day.







Monday morning, we went to Curtin University to help my sister to settle some payments. In this university, we could see many overseas and local students from Miri studying thr. Obviously this university is an international university. Thr is only 2 Curtin Universities, 1 is in Melbourne, Australia, and the 2nd is in Miri, Malaysia. It's a good university especially if u want to do engineering courses.





(Curtin University of Technology in Miri, Sarawak. This university is an Australian university)








I'm proud of my sister as she really got into this university and also she managed to get a full scholarship from the university, and it saves my parent's money too!! XD

Later that evening, we flew to Kuching to visit my uncle. We arrived at around 7pm and it's already dark. My cousin and my uncle came to fetch us and we went for dinner. We ordered many food and I was full and self-conscious told me that I'm getting fat!! Sobx... We went home and had a nice bath and rest. We had a whole day outside and of coz muz get a good nite sleep.

The next day, my uncle took us to Serian to eat big prawns for lunch and "da bao" roast duck for dinner. My cousin was having her finals so she couldn't follow. Too bad for her... haha!! That day we din do anytin much, mostly stayed at home, daydreaming~~~ @.@

On wednesday, my cousin and I went shopping after she finish her paper that morning. We went to a new restaurant to had our lunch, and it's quite full, but nvm, my cousin "belanja" me that day. (wakaka!!!) Then we went to The Spring for shopping. We saw many newly open shops and mostly is from KL, but we din buy anytin, juz bought a long ice-cream and kimchi onigiri. Eat & eat & eat..... (PIGS!!)


(This is the famous long ice-cream from SugarBun.... It's longer if I haven't ate the top part... XD

After shopping, we had to go home to prepare for dinner at the restaurant as we had invited some relatives to come. My cousin & I rushed to fight over the bathroom, we dun want to be late!! Haha!! That nite, my godaunt & goduncle, pastor's wife which is my cousin's godmother, my dad's long time relatives came to join us for dinner. It's kinda awkward to sit around with all those adults and for my cousin and I, we dunno what to do and say. (X.X) But we did had a wonderful dinner.

























































Nice food isn't it??? XD





























Pictures of me, my sister and my cousin taken in May....
Sadly, we had to go back the next day. It's a bit too short for me to come back to Kuching, not to say that I really gain a lot of weight thr as I eat & eat & eat.... OMG!!! Hope to come back during any semester break.... ^^






















My family with my cousin and uncle at Kuching International Airport....

3 comments: